Tamco is one of the paint brands that are often chosen by many people in the market. Tamco is not the most famous paint company, but it is a paint company with affordable prices for many consumers. So it became popular in the mid-range segment of many customers.
Tamco’s paint has many outstanding advantages and is trusted by many people to use. However, it still has some issues to keep in mind if you are learning about this paint company.
What is Tamco paint problems? All will be in the detailed article below.
- Some Outstanding Advantages Of Tamco Paint
- What Is Tamco Paint Problems?
- Steps To Prepare Before Painting Your Car
Some Outstanding Advantages Of Tamco Paint
Tamco is a company that has been established in 1989 with more than 30 years of experience in the paint industry, so you can be assured of the paint quality and the time research of this paint company.
1. Good Quality And High Durability
Tamco is a paint manufacturer that has been tested by competent authorities for quality, safety, and environmental friendliness. Tamco’s paintwork is very durable and can withstand harsh weather and other elements such as tree sap, bugs, dirt, and grease.
In the paint formulation, Tamco does not use any banned ingredients. All of their products are made in the best condition to guarantee you a paint finish of pure quality.
Tamco may not be on the same level as the big names but their paintwork is very reliable. Using the finest raw materials and cutting-edge technology, you can be assured of the quality of your car’s paint job.
2. The Price Is Suitable For Many Classes Of Customers
One of the outstanding advantages of Tamco paint that makes many people choose is the reasonable price. The price of each car will depend on the paint and size of the car.
However, compared to the general price in the market, Tamco has an affordable price and better quality than other common paints. Therefore, Tamco has always had a large number of customers using and supporting it for many years.
3. Featured Highlights
Tamco paint has many positive reviews about its outstanding features compared to other common paint brands on the market such as:
- It is easy to stick to different metal colors. If you love having a glossy and smooth finish, then Tamco will still be an ideal first choice.
- Tamco’s glossy paint is rated at the same level as the big-name paint brands on the market today.
- Very economical paint for users, you will not have to worry about wasting paint when you have to open and install too many boxes.
- Color retention is excellent as Tamco paint can withstand extreme weather and high temperatures to keep the paint from fading.
- Tamco paint is very durable and can withstand the harshest elements.
- Paint has outstanding flow and flatness, so you’ll always have a smooth, glossy finish.
- Tamco comes in all colors with a variety of shades, so you can rest assured that the colors look lifelike compared to those of metal.
4. Professional Customer Service
Tamco is a company that cares about customer satisfaction, and that’s why their customer support is always around to listen to customer complaints and help resolve them quickly.
Most people also love the friendliness of the team at Tamco. Tamco has always made it possible for customers to contact management directly and express their concerns. So, if you have any problem, you can completely contact customer service to get the best answer.
What Is Tamco Paint Problems?
Besides the outstanding advantages, Tamco still has some limitations that many people have left complaints about. If you are planning to use this paint company, do not ignore the mixed opinions below.
1. The Problem Of Ripples
The phenomenon of paint layer appearing small ripples is not only a problem of Tamco but appears in most paints on the market. This phenomenon occurs when the paint layers are applied unevenly, resulting in uneven paint layers.
When exposed to light, this phenomenon can be reflected from different angles and is easily seen. The main cause of ripples when using Tamco paint is often the use of incorrect spray pressure. Some other causes include using the wrong solvent, painting at the wrong temperature, and not installing the spray gun properly.
To get the perfect finish that matches Tamco paint, you must make sure to use the recommended spray pressure and paint at the right pressure for the right consistency. Do not forget to use the necessary solvent.
2. Foam Due To Solvent
Solvent foam is another common problem associated with Tamco paint, especially if you use the wrong spray pressure. Solvent bubbles are blisters that appear on a painted surface after the paint dries.
When the solvent is trapped on the surface of the paint on the car. The solvent will melt during drying or when exposed to sunlight.
Solvent bubbles that can appear immediately after painting will make this situation worse.
To avoid such problems with Tamco paint, make sure you paint the correct viscosity or standard when spraying. It is also important that you regulate the temperature as this can also lead to solvent foaming.
3. Various Color Variations
Color variation is one of the problems most people who use Tamco paint are likely to encounter. This problem often arises because the painter cannot distinguish the exact color of your car.
Each car type has different color shades, although some colors may look similar to the naked eye, there may be different variations or blends of colors.
In addition, during the painting process, if you are not careful in controlling the viscosity and temperature, you can create inconsistent colors especially if you only spray certain parts on your vehicle.
Therefore, you should consult the color of the car manufacturer and professional painter before starting to paint the car yourself to avoid inconsistent paint colors.
4. Speckling Phenomenon
This is not a common problem with Tamco paint because the paint is of high quality. However, you also need to know how to avoid this phenomenon when using Tamco paint.
Clumping is a phenomenon that can occur in any coat of paint. This is mainly due to improper use of the injection chamber temperature as well as the viscosity. To avoid clumping, you should also use the right gun setup and paint following the instruction of the manufactory.
Steps To Prepare Before Painting Your Car
To have a perfect paint finish on a car, preparation is one of the most important and indispensable steps. The preparatory steps are cleaning and washing the car to remove stains, dust, and sticky spots that will make the paint job uneven.
You need to do the following steps:
- You need to prepare a bare metal surface by removing the paint first. Wash thoroughly with soap and water.
- Remove grease and wax from car surfaces with specialized products.
- Thoroughly sand the surface where you plan to paint to remove rust. Thoroughly clean rusted areas, seal them, and allow them to dry in a controlled environment.
- Apply a coat of urethane primer to better protect the metal surface.
- Use paper or plastic wrap to cover the unpainted parts, mark, and start painting.
- Be sure to control temperature, viscosity, solvent, and spray technique with the recommended pressure.
In general, Tamco is a paint company with good quality and reasonable prices for many customers. A professional customer care team will help you solve any unexpected problems.
If you paint your car with Tamco paint yourself, you need to follow the standard guidelines in the car paint process for a perfect finish and maximum cost savings.