Choosing a car to own for the first time is always one of the topics that many people care about on the forums. The criteria for owning a first car often include factors such as price, horsepower, durability, safety, and fuel consumption. Is a 370z a good first car? – One of the popular questions in recent times.
If you are researching the Nissan 370Z to decide if it is the best choice for first-time ownership, you should not miss this article. In this article, we will give you an overview of the Nissan 370Z from the engine, and design to safety when driving.
Basic Information About Nissan 370Z
Before answering the question of whether the Nissan 370Z is the best choice for first-time ownership, you should learn the basics about this car company. After you have learned the information from production to design and the target audience that Nissan 370Z is targeting, you will make the most accurate decision.
The Nissan 370Z (known as the Fairlady Z Z34 in Japan) is a sports car manufactured by Nissan Motor Company. The 370Z is the sixth generation of the Nissan Z series, succeeding the Nissan 350Z. In particular, the Nissan 370Z is marked as the last production car with a naturally aspirated engine and a high-revving V6 engine combined with a manual transmission.
You may not know, most parts and details of the Nissan 370Z are redesigned from the previous successful 350Z version. However, the Nissan 370Z has a smaller exterior size and uses more lightweight materials to reduce weight. This is considered an outstanding advantage of the Nissan 370Z with the Nissan 350Z.
Specifically, the design of the Nissan 370Z prioritizes the use of aluminum materials such as the front subframe, engine rack, door panels, hatch, and hood all made of aluminum. The rear torsion stiffness is improved by 22% and the rear longitudinal flexural stiffness is improved by 30%. Some of the outstanding improvements include the use of a carbon fiber composite radiator cover and the strengthening of the rear fender and hatch areas. However, the new structure is slightly heavier than the Nissan 350Z.
The 2013 model year refresh uses new dampers for sports cars. The brakes have been changed from more expensive Brembo brakes to Nissan-branded brakes manufactured by Akebono. The drag coefficient is 0.30 and 0.29 with the sport package.
Is A 370z A Good First Car?
The answer is NO!
The Nissan 370Z is not an ideal choice for first-time owners, especially teenagers or inexperienced drivers. As you know, the Nissan 370Z is an improved version of the Nissan 350Z in both speed and power. Meanwhile, the Nissan 350Z has been advised by many experts not to own it for the first time to ensure safety. So the Nissan 370Z is definitely not a wise choice to own for the first time.
Here are some reasons you should not choose a Nissan 370Z to own for the first time.
- Too powerful: The Nissan 370Z’s horsepower is over 300, so it’s an unsafe number for teenagers and inexperienced drivers.
- Too fast: The superior engine can help the car accelerate quickly in a short time. However, for new drivers, this is not an advantage because they will not be able to handle unexpected situations.
- Rear-wheel drive: The Nissan 370Z transmits 300hp via RWD drive beyond the new driver’s controllability, especially in slippery conditions or complex terrain.
- Not suitable for everyday use: The Nissan 370Z’s constant performance tuning is not suitable for everyday use. Meanwhile, new riders tend to practice more every day.
- Poor visibility: The downside of the Nissan 370Z is its low driving position. Therefore, new drivers will find it difficult to park or change lanes when traveling safely.
- Limited driving at night: A low driving position means that light from oncoming vehicles will shine directly into the driver’s eyes. So it will be quite dangerous to drive at night with lots of traffic.
- Seating restrictions: Nissan 370Z is a sporty car with two doors and two seats. So it is not a suitable choice to own if you have a large family. The limited number of seats will also cause you a lot of inconveniences when deciding to get married and have children.
- Narrow trunk: You will not be able to do a lot of shopping or carry large items because the trunk is extremely small. Consider owning if you often buy a lot of goods or service work.
- No safety studies: Safety is one of the most important factors when choosing a first car. For teenagers or new drivers, safe driving is paramount. Therefore, you should not choose the Nissan 370Z to own for the first time. Because it has not been reported on safety by experts.
- High cost: The Nissan 370Z costs more than other options to own as a first car. Normally an old Nissan 370Z already costs $20,000. Meanwhile, you can absolutely buy another new car for the same amount.
The Nissan 370Z is not a perfect choice for first-time ownership. The reason is that the Nissan 370Z has more than 300 horsepower, so it is too fast and too powerful for teenagers and new drivers. In particular, the Nissan 370Z is designed as a sports car and is suitable for racing.
Space with two doors and two seats is extremely limited for owners if they have a large family or often gather with friends. The trunk also has a small area, so it is not suitable for carrying goods or camping. Therefore, you should consider this before choosing a Nissan 370Z to own as your first car. For some other better choices you can refer to our Subaru BRZ, Honda Civic Si, and Honda Civic.